Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Spirit Channel

Ok, this is a bit late but I logged onto DeviantArt recently to realize the site header was purple; a surprising break from the ugly green-grey that they have, I thought to myself. I HAD to find out what it was for. It was then that I stumbled upon the DeviantArt CEO, Angelo informing me about SPIRIT DAY, which was on 20th October; and I made this.



I call this 'The Spirit Channel'.
Channel as in between the two faces facing each other. The 'two' faces. The negative space in the hair on the left, ... right? Get it?!?
Ah. Nevermind:/

Anyway, Happy anti-bullying and have a lovely day!
Do leave feedback!

5 comments:

michele said...

Great work! Unique perspective! :o)

One Girl's Story said...

Thank you for your comment. I never imagined I would have an audience from so far away!

Anonymous said...

Dig the negative space. Very cool.
Regarding the vector banner that you asked about on my site. I scanned my ink drawing, cleaned it up and made sure there were no gaps and then used Live Trace in AI. I did color in AI too because using the Live Paint Bucket tool. When I do this type of work I try to ink my work on Color Laser paper. It's super smooth and super white. The contract between my pen and the white paper really pops making Live Trace go much better. I really dislike cleaning up in PS so I try to keep that to a minimum. Thanks for the checking out my work and the question. Your stuff rocks. I love the Vector work you have done.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

You are awesome. This illustration is simply fantastic. Great work.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's nice. I dig the stylistic aspects and the use of negative space.

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Jasjyot Singh Hans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.